lundi 16 mai 2011

Live : Born To Lose


Born To Lose + Pipes and Pints @ Canadian café, Tours, FR - 11/05/11


I'm not able to write a good review for this gig, but just a few things :
First, how nice to see a band like Born To Lose in our little city of Tours. For those of you who don't know, Born To Lose is an American punk band from Austin, Texas signed on People Like You records. So quite an event! 


Unfortunately I missed Pipes and Pints as I was busy watching Lady Gaga live from Cannes, which is quite an event too. Haha. But i'd rather go to a punk show. 
If we had to book a ticket, I think the show would have been sold out cause they were lots of people. Luckily I was in the front row, at least before tall guys came in front of me...
I knew only one song from Born To Lose, "Sweet Misery", that they obviously played as it was a single. So I was'nt very familiar with the band's music. If you don't mind me pretending to know the topic, I'd say that they sound like Californian punk rock like Rancid, Social Distortion or even Bad Religion for the melodies and solos, mixed with East coast street punk (Dropkick Murphys...) for the rough guitars and choruses sung as anthems, with a beer in one hand. 
As I suck I didn't bring my camera so I just took a few pics with my phone. No good! But the gig was, no doubt!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire