jeudi 2 juin 2011

Live : Civet


Civet live @Salle Emeraude, Bressuire (79), FR
Supported by Delirium Tremens and Toxic Nighthawks


Damn! That's what I thought when I learnt Civet were playing in Bressuire, a town lost in the middle of nowhere. It's really nice that the band from Los Angeles and signed on Hellcat Records were playing 1. in France 2. Not only in Paris 3. Only two hours away from me. So let's go to the punk rock show.


After a long and tricky journey, the doors were not opened yet. I got all my chances to be in a good place left! ;) The long wait ended when the first band arrived on stage. Well, to be honest I don't know what to say about their music. The only thing that caught my attention was what the singer said between the songs. His tone was between humour, dry wit, disappointment, frustration and maybe a bit of aggressiveness. People came for Civet, also for Delirium Tremens, and opening for a well known band is probably not easy. I've never heard a band member get in a dig at the audience like this. But it was really funny. 


Finally they left the stage. The next band was Delirium Tremens. They were on a higher level. Pure psychobilly. I really liked their set, as they play a genre that i enjoy a lot. The only problem with psychobilly is that it's always the same. Some songs are more punk rock, others are rockabilly, some maybe flirting with country music. The lyrics are always about graveyards, zombies, ghosts, sci-fi and 1950s movies. But that's really cool. To come back to Delirium Tremens, everything was there : the galloping rhythm, the slapped upright bass and the dramatic vocals and executed in a very good way. Very nice and entertaining, heavily influenced by Nekromantix. 


But the best was to come. Time to get closer to the stage, i don't care if I'm the only one waiting by the stage when everyone else is smoking outside or drinking at the bar. Being on the front row rocks, that's it! :)
So my favorite punk rock chicks arrived, and damn! that's so cool! I've waited for this moment since two years! To open the set, "Can't Go Back" from the latest album Love & War was played, unfortunately voiceless, then followed by "Hell Hath No Fury". 
I'll lie if I say that I remember the entire setlist. So, in no specific order, Civet played "L.A. Nights", "All I Want", "Cryin' Wolf", "Summer of Hate", "You Don't Know Me", "Son of a Bitch", "Love & War", "Alibis"...
We asked for two encore, and the night ended with "You Get What You Pay For". Which makes me laugh, like okay one more song but that's it, cause you got what you paid for, and no more. Should I give you details about my fan attitude? Okay, so you can make fun of me. I'm glad cause at some point, Suzi Moon (guitar/vocals) asked people to sing along, and she said "I know you can sing along, and you, and you". Haha, i was one of the three people she noticed in the audience singing. Okay... I bought a tank top and a poster as a cool souvenir, and because I love wearing band tees. Unfortunately they had no longer CDs to sell...
As the fanatic dumbass that I am, I could not imagine leaving the venue without meeting the girls. So I did! Pics and signatures on my Hell Hath No Fury copie. The girls are really friendly in my opinion. Unfortunately I did not met the guys, but let's be honest, we all focus on the two sisters Suzi and Liza. Though Jonny and Christian are also attractive. They deliver lots of energy on stage, the songs are played very well, the vocals and guitars were in tune... nothing to say, Civet kicks ass! I love them even more now!











http://www.facebook.com/civetmusic

http://www.myspace.com/civet


Here's a video of the show i found on youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGJHTWanMR8

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire